Rte. 26 Farmhouse is dedicated to providing an authentic, relaxing setting for our guests to enjoy the many splendors of Whitman County.
As owners, we intend to see that attention to detail and superior service will be provided to each guest or party.
The 4 McNeilly brothers arrive in Whitman County from Ireland.
The farmhouse was built by William R. McNeilly (WR).
The farmhouse is home to the hired ‘hands’ of McNeilly Ranch.
Dick McNeilly moves into the WR Farmhouse, where he lived until moving into the ranch house.
Dick McNeilly marries Suzy! Suzy moves into the ranch house!
Renovations on the farmhouse begin!
The Rte. 26 Farmhouse is ready for its very first guest!
Dick & Suzy McNeilly
Meet the Owners & Caretakers of Rte. 26 Farmhouse
Hello Friends – I’m Suzy McNeilly, your superhost!
I’m thrilled that your here and can’t wait to welcome you to our little piece of sunshine, the Rte. 26 Farmhouse. Growing up in an international community and having lived in different cultures – I have always looked for that ‘special touch’ and the right ‘words’ that I could borrow and bring into the FarmHouse, to share with family and friends.
Things I love about the FarmHouse:
- Hanging out in the living room and pretending it is my secret ‘hide away’. Really!
- Creating spaces and a place that is welcoming to those walking through the door.
- Meeting people, visiting with our guests.
- Creating memories and the experience of walking into a home, seeing the extra touches, the thoughtfulness and care extended for the guests.
- Sharing our own rural experiences as a farm & cattle family.
- Seeing our guest witness the beauty of the Rolling Hills of the Palouse.
About Suzy & Dick:
- Suzy was born into a Navy family, moving to Japan at the age of six. She attended Sancta Maria International School in Yokohama, Japan.
- Suzy served in the United States Navy as a Hospital Corpsman and have lived both stateside and overseas.
- Dick and Suzy live close to the Farmhouse on McNeilly Ranch.
- They farm hay and grains, and raise beef cattle.
- In the spring and part of summer, they pasture their cattle at the Farmhouse and also make grass hay in the same area. If you’re lucky, you may get a glimpse of the cattle off the back porch!
- Suzy is a licensed yoga instructor with over 300 hours of practice!